Date/Time - 12/08/2018
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Weed smarter not harder!
Are you knee deep in weedy species and not sure of the best tactics to beat the weeds in your neighbourhood? Come along to our weedy workshop focused on giving Landcare groups the advice and info needed to prioritise and tackle weeds as effectively as possible.
This workshop is being run by Weed Action Whangarei Heads Coordinator Jo Barr for the Kiwi Link CPCA groups – however all are welcome.
The workshop will cover:
– The Art of War – know your enemy: Identifying and understanding your local weeds
– The importance of prioritising control and having a plan
– Choosing the right approach: Control methods – the theory
– Choosing the right tool for the job: Deciphering herbicide names and active ingredients
– Control demonstrations: The theory put into practice!
Please wear old clothes and sturdy CLEAN footwear (eg gumboots!), and bring your gardening gloves if you prefer to use them as we will be doing some practical weed control demonstrations and practising methods during the workshop.
To find out more details and register contact Ngaire the Kiwi Coast Coordinator at email@example.com