- The number of entities involved increasing to 94
- The length of the Kiwi Coast increasing to 291km, now extending to the southern limit of the Northland Region
- The collective area under active management by groups and projects increasing to 130,701 ha
- 169,731 animal pests collectively removed from the Kiwi Coast over the last 4 years with 56,629 animal pests removed in 2016 alone – that’s 1000 pests being removed from eastern Northland every week
- Monitoring data confirming kiwi numbers are either stable or increasing at almost all managed sites on the Kiwi Coast
- 2,838 people attending Kiwi Coast supported wild kiwi events and skill building workshops.
Kiwi Coast Coordinator Ngaire Tyson says: “It’s a genuine privilege to put this report together each year – to help showcase the hard work going on in Northland, and the amazing results that everyone is achieving.”
The Kiwi Coast wishes to thank all those involved, and in particular primary funders, the Tindall Foundation and Foundation North for their fourth year of funding through the Reconnecting Northland programme.
Click here to read or download the Kiwi Coast 2017 Annual Report.